12″ x 12″ x 1.5″ mixed media on wood panel
Koi fish have been appreciated for their beauty and admired for their symbolism in many cultures throughout history. As a symbol of strength, perseverance, and good fortune, koi fish are often depicted in art and literature, and are highly valued in some cultures. The different colors and patterns of koi also carry symbolic meanings, adding depth to their significance in art and folklore.
- Red or orange koi are often associated with love and relationships, as well as success in career or business.
- Black koi are considered a symbol of overcoming adversity and life’s challenges.
- Gold or yellow koi are associated with wealth and prosperity.
- Blue or white koi are often seen as a symbol of serenity, calmness, and spirituality.
- A group of koi swimming together is often seen as a symbol of family and unity.
- In Japanese culture, koi fish are associated with the samurai warrior spirit, as they are known for their resilience, strength, and determination.
These symbolic meanings give koi fish a layered and complex significance in art, literature, and culture.
Shown with ‘An Unexpected Sense of Contentment’ – sold separately.