Hello and welcome! Read on for a bit more about me and my art practice. I hope my artwork brings a smile to your face and reminds you of the beauty in our world.
The only difference between a rut and the grave is the depth of the hole. May as well enjoy the ride… the big dirt nap comes soon enough!
Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery that it is. In the boredom and pain of it no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste and smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it because in the last analysis all moments are key elements, and life itself is grace.
As a mixed media artist and web & graphic designer, my art is a testament to the profound impact that the natural beauty of Vancouver Island has had on me since I made the move over 12 years ago. The stunning landscapes and vibrant wildlife of this paradise have served as a constant source of inspiration for me, fueling my passion for creativity and self-expression.
I have always been driven by a deep love for art, and I am grateful to be able to pursue this passion every day. My art is not limited by subject matter, and I am often drawn to creatures in nature with fins or feathers. I blend my skills as a graphic designer and artist to create unique paintings that are representational, striving for a sense of realism, with backgrounds that are abstract and unconventional. I am drawn to bright colours and layers, as they bring me immense joy and happiness.
My approach to art is one of curiosity and optimism. I embrace the unknown outcome of each piece, knowing that the creative process is an integral part of the art-making journey. I am dedicated to exploring new techniques and styles, constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible. This dedication to the creative process is the driving force in my work, as I endeavour to reflect the beauty that surrounds me and the deep gratitude I feel for the opportunity to express myself through art.
In my work, I aim to capture the essence of the natural world and the emotions that it evokes in me. Whether it is the graceful movement of bird feathers or the shimmering scales of a fish, my art is a celebration of the beauty that surrounds us and the power of the creative spirit. I believe that art has the power to connect us with each other and the world around us, and I am honoured to be a part of this community of artists and creatives.
Upcoming Shows and Events.
You can find me and my work:
- COMOX VALLEY AIRPORT @YQQ May – October 2023
- SQUARE FOOT SHOW ARTWRX Studio Gallery Nov 17 – 19, 2023
- ARTWRX Studio / Gallery 362 C 10th Street Courtenay – Saturdays from 11 am – 4 pm and weekdays by appointment.
Past Shows and Events.
- SMALL WRX SHOW Courtenay May 2023
- ART IN THE PARK Parksville July 2022
- PiART SQUARED SHOW March 2022, 2023
- RIVERDALE ARTWALK August 2021
- ART IN THE VINES 2012, 2022, 2023
- FOGGY MOUNTAIN FAIR Cumberland Sept 2021
- COMOX VALLEY AIRPORT 2017 – 2023
- HOT CHOCOLATES Courtenay Spring and Fall Shows 2019
- SQUARE FOOT SHOW Art Alchemy Studio 2016 – 2020
- SQUARE FOOT SHOW ARTWRX Studio Gallery 2021 – 2022
- INFINITY ART SHOW Art Alchemy Studio 2018
- CVArts STUDIO TOUR 2016 – 2023
- CROWNE ISLE April 2020, April – July 2023
- KI FITNESS Fall 2019
- MERCEDES LANE Comox October 2019
- KITTY COLEMAN ARTISAN FAIR September 2019
- NAUTICAL DAYS Comox BC August 2019, 2022, 2023
- ORIGINALS ONLY August 2017 -2018
- 5TH STREET MURAL Courtenay 2017
- MISTLETOE MARKET Campbell River 2019
- COMOX VALLEY CURLING CLUB CHRISTMAS MARKET 2019
- CVAC ELEVATE CHRISTMAS MARKET Courtenay Legion December 2019