original artwork & prints
I am a mixed media artist, web & graphic designer. Originally from Alberta, I felt the call of Vancouver Island more than 10 years ago and made the move to this paradise. I have been transformed and inspired by the easy lifestyle and natural charm of my island home. My art is a reflection of the beauty that surrounds me and the deep sense of gratitude I feel for the experience of creative expression. I have had a life long passion for creating art and feel so truly blessed to be pursuing what I love. I don’t feel compelled to limit my exploration of whatever appeals to me as a subject matter; I’m happiest when I’m using bright colours and lots of layers. As with all things in life – there is no guarantee of the outcome so I try to remain optimistically curious and enjoy the process!
Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery that it is. In the boredom and pain of it no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste and smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it because in the last analysis all moments are key elements, and life itself is grace.
The only difference between a rut and the grave is the depth of the hole. May as well enjoy the ride… the big dirt nap comes soon enough!
Upcoming Shows and Events.
You can find me and my work:
- Comox Valley Airport May 1 – October 30, 2021
- Fine Art on Fitzgerald Saturday & Sunday, August 7 – 8, 2021 from 10 am – 4 pm, 2021 2197 Fitzgerald Ave, Courtenay
- Riverdale ArtWalk ONLINE Virtual Show August 20 – September 3, 2021
- Art in The Vines at 40 Knots Winery In support of the Comox Valley Transitions Society September 10, 2021
- ArtWalk in the Square ONLINE Virtual Show September 17, 2021 – October 3, 2021
- SQUARE FOOT SHOW 2021 In person November 19 -21, 2021 & Online November 19 – December 20, 2021
- ARTWRX Studio / Gallery 362 C 10th Street Courtenay – Saturdays from 11 am – 4 pm and weekdays by appointment.
Past Shows and Events.
- COMOX VALLEY AIRPORT 2017 – 2020
- HOT CHOCOLATES Courtenay Spring and Fall Shows 2019
- SQUARE FOOT SHOW Art Alchemy Studio 2016 – 2020
- INFINITY ART SHOW Art Alchemy Studio 2018
- CVAC STUDIO TOUR 2016 – 2020
- KI FITNESS Fall 2019
- MERCEDES LANE Comox October 2019
- KITTY COLEMAN ARTISAN FAIR September 2019
- NAUTICAL DAYS Comox BC August 2019
- ORIGINALS ONLY August 2017 -2018
- 5TH STREET MURAL Courtenay 2017
- MISTLETOE MARKET Campbell River 2019
- COMOX VALLEY CURLING CLUB CHRISTMAS MARKET 2019
- CVAC ELEVATE CHRISTMAS MARKET Courtenay Legion December 2019
ARTWRX Studio / Gallery SPRING 2021 Newsletter
I love spring on Vancouver Island! Everything blooms and renews itself. This year the colour and change of season is especially welcome after a long winter of isolation and Covid. The pandemic has been hard on everyone. I feel especially fortunate to live where I do and have my art practice to keep me focused (or distracted lol!). Creativity is endlessly therapeutic.
My process continues to evolve as I shift into multi-media, combining digital platforms, traditional paint and mediums to create small original works.
I’m still loving my fluid acrylics and koi and have started a new farm animal series of works. To say I’m having a good time would be an understatement.
I really miss Artisan Markets and connecting with people at the shows. I’m hopeful that we will see a return to art markets soon! In the meantime I’m embracing the virtual world. I’m looking forward to 2 online shows later this summer and fall – look for links on my website later this spring. I’m busy getting work ready for this plus the Comox Valley Airport in May and of course the annual Square Foot Show in late fall.
I started at Art Alchemy Studio in 2013- 2014, left briefly and returned in 2016 and have been painting here ever since. I’m so grateful to Lucy Schappy and Helen Utsal for the amazing opportunity to be included in this creative space. I’m excited to be part of the transition to ARTWRX Studio / Gallery with Sharon Lalonde and the rest of the beautiful creative souls – my studio tribe!